An integrated development environment (IDE) is a software that provides comprehensive facilities to programmers for software development. Some IDEs are open source, while others are commercial offerings.
In this tutorial, we will talk about the How to install IntelliJ IDEA on Windows? and How to create a project using IntelliJ IDEA.
What is Java?
Java is a general-purpose, open-source and free programming language. It originally developed by Sun Microsystems in 1995 and more than 3 billion devices run Java. It is used to creating Desktop applications, Mobile applications, Web applications, Web servers, Games, and more. Java works on a variety of platforms. such as Windows, Mac, Linux and more. Java is easy to learn and simple to use.
What is the Most Popular Java IDE in 2019?
- IntelliJ IDEA – JetBrains (FREE For JVM and Android development / Commercial For web and enterprise development)
- Eclipse – Eclipse Foundation (FREE)
- NetBeans – Apache Software Foundation, Oracle Corporation (FREE)
- BlueJ – BlueJ Team (FREE)
- DrJava – JavaPLT group at Rice University (FREE)
- JCreator – Xinox Software (Commercial)
- JDeveloper – Oracle Corporation (FREE)
- Greenfoot – Michael Kölling, Computing Education Group, King’s College London (FREE)
- Eclipse Che – Eclipse Foundation (FREE)
- MyEclipse – Genuitec (Commercial)
How to install IntelliJ IDEA on Windows?
- Developers – JetBrains
- Initial release – January 2001
- Cost – Ultimate (For web and enterprise development) – USD $49.90 (user per month) / Community (For JVM and Android development) – Free
- Support Operating Systems – Windows, macOS, Linux
- Screen resolution – 1024×768 minimum screen resolution
OS Version :
Windows – Microsoft Windows 7 or later, macOS – macOS 10.11 or later, Linux – Any 64-bit distribution (that supports Gnome or KDE).
Memory: 2 GB minimum; 8 GB or more recommended
Disk space: 1.5 GB hard disk space
Install IntelliJ IDEA Community 2019.2
- Click on the downloaded IntelliJ IDEA setup. It will open the IntelliJ IDEA setup wizard. Click the next button to continue.
- Choose the installation location and click Next. It’s time to select Installation Options.
Create a desktop icon – It will create a desktop shortcut.
Add “Open Folder as Project” – It will add “Open Folder as IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition Project” action to Windows Explorer context menu.
- Click the next button to continue. Then click Install to start the installation process. (It will take some time)
- After the installation complete click Finish. (you can reboot. if you want)
Running IntelliJ IDEA for the First time
- After the installation complete. Open the IntelliJ IDEA Community 2019.2.
- Read and accept terms and conditions.
- Choose UI Themes and click Next few times. Then click Start IntelliJ IDEA. it will open the IntelliJ IDEA Welcome window. You can use this window for the creating brand new project, import a project from another format, open an existing IntelliJ IDEA project, and Check out from version control system.
Create a New Project
- Click Create New Project from the Welcome window. then click next without changing anything.
- Now Change the project name and select a location to save the project file. Then click Finish
- IntelliJ Now creating a project
Install IntelliJ IDEA – Done
For more details visit: IntelliJ Youtube Channel
Hope this post (How to install IntelliJ IDEA on Windows) will help you to learn something, If you enjoy my work then please share my posts with your friends and anyone who might be interested in web development and don’t forget to subscribe my mailing list.
If you had any problem with this post, please do mention it in the comment section.
Like ctechf Facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/ctechf
Also Read :
What is Python?
Python is a scripting language and that is used for creating engineering-analysis tools, web development (server-side), software development, system scripting, and animation software. It designed by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991. It’s an interpreted, High-level. General-purpose language. Python runs on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
- Python Tutorial: Introduction for Beginners (Part 1)
- Python Tutorial: Introduction for Beginners (Part 2)
- SQL Tutorial: Introduction for beginners (Basic)
- Python Tutorial: How to Connect MySQL Database in Python
- Python Tutorial: Python GUI Programming (Tkinter)
- Python Tutorial: Send Emails Using Python
How to be a Programmer?
- How to be a Programmer | Part 1: Introduction
- How to be a Programmer | Part 2: Top 20 Programming Languages
- How to be a Programmer | Part 3: Basic Concept of Programming
- How to be a Programmer | Part 4: Control Structures
- How to be a Programmer | Part 5: Number Systems
- How to be a Programmer | Part 6: Coding Systems in Computer
- How to be a Programmer | Part7: Logic Gates and Boolean Algebra